Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Start on Fall Decorating

I've started putting out my Fall decorations even though it's in the high 90's here.....we are having a "Santa Ana" wind condition which means that the winds are coming from the east off the desert rather than the normal winds off the ocean from the west. We always get some of these winds in September.
I haven't really decorated for Fall in a few years for whatever reason but after reading some of the wonderful blogs that I follow, I was inspired to dust off the old pumpkins and get going!
I really need a few other items in the mix of these pumpkins.....maybe some white pumpkins, gourds, acorns and other natural items.
What do you think?....I'd love to hear from you.




4 comments:

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Beautiful!! It is still in the high 70's, low 80's here, so it really IS hard to get ready for fall, but I am waiting not so patiently with open arms to embrace that first little nip of cool air and the beautiful color that fall brings!

BailiwickStudio said...

I love your pumpkin vignette! I'm really looking forward to getting to the new place and pulling out those autumn touches. I'm not too anxious about it yet because it's so hot, and doesn't feel like fall anyway, but I hope we're unpacked when the weather does turn cool! ::Jill

Cottage In The Sun said...

So beautifully put together! You make me want to start decorating! This is the first time that I can remember it has ever felt like fall so early. We were lower 60s today - brrr - awfully cold for us Texans used to that 100+ a few weeks ago!

Pinky said...

HI there! I saw your name over at Bill's blog on the comments so HAD to jump over here to say hello. My real name is LENORE also, but I go by Pinky, a nickname given to me as an infant! I love your fall decor! If you get a chance please stop over to see my fall table, you can find me through Susan's Tablescape Thursday. Have a great weekend, Lenore!!!! Pinky (aka Lenore)